OUR PRIVACY Notice
All calls to and from Dacia Retail Group may be recorded for quality and training purposes.
About this document
This privacy notice explains what happens with any Personal Data we gather from you in relation to:
- Enquiries you make to us about any vehicle, parts or services you may wish to order
- Communications that may take place between us during the order fulfilment process
- Our marketing activities to you; or
- Your use of our website.
We recognise our obligations under data protection legislation and we are committed to keeping your Personal Data safe and secure.
You should read this notice so that you understand how we will handle your Personal Data. Our aim is to only use and hold your data in the way you’d reasonably expect us to. We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice from time to time. Where we do amend this notice, we will make sure that we will tell you about the changes we’ve made.
Who we are
We are Renault Retail Group UK Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under Number 02304689, our registered office is at Head Office, Concord Road, Western Avenue, London, W3 0RZ. Our registration number with the Information Commissioner’s Office is Z5278464.
If you have any questions regarding this notice or how we process Personal Data gathered through this website our Data Protection Representative can be contacted at email@example.com. Alternatively, you can write to our Data Protection Representative at the address above.
What data do we gather about you?
In connection with our dealings with you we will gather the following information from you:
- Your name and contact details (address, phone numbers, email)
- Details of transactions carried out for the fulfilment of your orders.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes. Whilst the completion of these is optional your feedback helps us continually monitor our service and ensure you receive the best experience when dealing with us.
- When you visit our website, we will also collect details including, but not limited to, your IP Address, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Details of other dealings we have with you
How do we collect your data?
We collect data about you from the following sources:-
- Information we generate through our observation or our interactions with you
- Information you provide to us including via our website
- Other companies within the Nissan-Renault Alliance
How do we store your data and keep it secure?
We use reasonable and up to date security methods to keep your data secure and to prevent unauthorised or unlawful access to your Personal Data, and against the accidental loss of, or damage to, Personal Data. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers and in secure filing systems. Maintaining data security means guaranteeing the confidentiality, integrity and availability (for authorised purposes) of Personal Data.
We have in place policies, procedures and technologies to maintain the security of all Personal Data from the point of collection to the point of destruction including procedures to deal with a security breach. We will ensure your Personal Data is only accessible by those who need to see your data for their specific role. We will only transfer Personal Data to a third party if that third party agrees to comply with those procedures and policies, or if they put in place adequate measures themselves.
How and why we will use your data?
We will usually only process your Personal Data where you have given your consent or where the processing is necessary:
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- at your request to consider entering into a contract with you;
- as is necessary for the purpose of our contract with you; or
- to pursue our legitimate interest in operating our business effectively.
We use the data we collect about you to help us make better decisions about you and to operate our business efficiently. This may involve the following activities:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with brochures, information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our website, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our websites, products or services.
- Contacting you with regard to dealings between us.
What are our legitimate interests in processing your data?
We consider that in some circumstances, the processing of your personal data is necessary for our legitimate interests, which include:
- Ensuring our business is managed effectively.
- Mechanical and safety related recall notices relevant to your vehicle
- Sending you essential and important service-related reminders to help you maintain your vehicle in accordance with the manufacturer’s service and warranty requirements
- Informing you of major events in relation to your vehicle finance agreement such as end of term or mileage risk regarding PCP agreements.
How we keep your data accurate
We will keep the Personal Data we store about you accurate and up to date. We will take every reasonable step to erase or rectify inaccurate data without delay. Please tell us if your personal details change or if you become aware of any inaccuracies in the Personal Data we hold about you. We will contact you each year to check your details are still up-to-date. We will also contact you if we become aware of any event which is likely to result in a change to your Personal Data.
How long will we keep your data?
We will not keep your Personal Data for longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we process it. This means that data will be destroyed or erased from our systems when it is no longer required. For guidance on how long certain data is likely to be kept before being destroyed, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
What rights do you have in respect of your Personal Data?
You have the right to:
- request access to any Personal Data we hold about you;
- have any Personal Data which we hold about you which is inaccurate rectified;
- have incomplete Personal Data completed;
- have Personal Data erased;
- have the processing of your Personal Data restricted (for example, if you think the data we hold about you is inaccurate you can ask us to stop processing it, until we will either correct it or confirm it is accurate);
- be provided with the Personal Data that you have supplied to us, in a portable format that can be transmitted to another data controller without difficulty;
- object to certain types of processing, including processing based on legitimate interests (see above), automated processing (which includes profiling) and processing for direct-marketing purposes; and
- not be subject to a decision that is based solely on automated processing which produces a legal effect or which has a similar significant effect for you.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, you must make the request in writing to email@example.com. Please note some of these rights are restricted in some circumstances.
If you have provided your consent to any of the processing of your Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw your consent to that processing at any time, where relevant. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to do so.
As indicated above, we sometimes process your data on the basis of legitimate interests. You have a right to object to this processing. If you object to us processing your data based on legitimate interests, we must no longer process that Personal Data unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or that the processing is required for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Who will have access to the data we hold?
Our employees who need to access your data will view it in order that we can provide services to you. Our employees have been trained in data protection and understand the need to keep your information confidential.
In addition to our employees, we also use service providers who may hold Personal Data on our behalf (for example our finance, insurance, vehicle delivery, or specialist repair partners. We will carry out due diligence on our service providers and make sure we have a contract with them which satisfies the requirements of data protection legislation. We will also share your data with companies within our group of companies including Renault UK, Dacia UK, Nissan GB and Alpine Cars UK. Apart from employees, group companies and our service providers, we will not disclose your Personal Data to a third party without your consent, unless we are satisfied that they are legally entitled to the data. Where we disclose your Personal Data to a third party, we will have regard to our obligations under the law.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if we or substantially all of our assets are bought by a third party, or we wish to enter negotiations in respect of the sale of our business or assets to a third party, Where this is the case, Personal Data held by us may be one of the transferred assets; and
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Data in order to comply with legal obligations or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Renault Retail Group UK Limited, our customers, suppliers or other employees. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You are entitled to request details of the recipients of your Personal Data or the categories of recipients of your Personal Data.
Transferring your data outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
We will not transfer your Personal Data outside the EEA unless such transfer is compliant with the law. This means that we cannot transfer any of your Personal Data outside the EEA unless:
- the EU Commission has decided that the country or international organisation we are transferring the Personal Data to ensures an adequate level of protection for your Personal Data;
- the transfer of your Personal Data is subject to appropriate safeguards, which may include binding corporate rules or standard data protection clauses adopted by the EU Commission; or
- we are otherwise permitted to do so by law (including if you explicitly consent to the proposed transfer).
IP addresses and cookies
We may gather information about your general internet use by using the cookie. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive. Such information will not identify you personally. It is statistical data. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
There are different categories of cookies. We use Google Analytics cookies which are “analytical” type cookies. We use them to enable us:
- To recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our site when they are using it.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can easily be done by activating the reject cookies setting on your computer. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our site. For more information on disabling cookies and more information on cookies generally, see www.allaboutcookies.org.
Right to make a complaint
If you have any issues with our processing of your Personal Data and would like to make a complaint, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF